Full Stack Developer
Full-Time ∙ Dallas, TX
ThinkWhy seeks a talented, resourceful, and self-motivated individual to join us as a key member of the Product Development Team. The ideal candidate should be comfortable adapting to challenges within an open, fluid, fast-growth environment and bring an energetic and creative approach to his or her work, spanning high-level strategy as well as in-the-trenches execution. This person should be passionate about transforming the way businesses and people interact during the career search process and spanning the life of a person’s career.
Your team will ensure our market-leading SaaS platform will disrupt the way job seekers and employers look at the process of identifying and managing talent using advanced AI (Artificial Intelligence) and ML (Machine Learning) capabilities with accuracy and elegance.
As a Full Stack Developer, you are a cornerstone of ThinkWhy’s product development team with responsibility for ensuring the on-time deliver of high-quality application functionality for the ThinkWhy platform. Working for the Director of Software Development and alongside the product management teams, you will help us guarantee that we can predictably deliver features in an organized and consistent fashion.
You must have in your arsenal, innovative problem-solving abilities and be able to work independently towards the company’s mission without step-by-step instructions. You must be effective in the ability to estimate your work efficiently from user stories and work seamlessly with your scrum master to drive the gathering of additional details, as needed, to ensure estimates are accurate. You will faithfully follow test-driven development practices, ensuring the highest standards of code quality and lowest defect rate in the industry, and will proudly wear this as a badge of honor. You will drive fearless innovation that inspires trust in our users.
You will be a lifelong learner, adept at quickly learning innovative technologies, techniques and methodologies to solve problems and create a substantial competitive advantage for our company and its products.
This role requires quick action, the ability to solve complex problems and meticulous attention to detail.
- Understand the industry we serve and how to overcome challenges with elegant solutions.
- Ensure our solutions enable our internal teams to be efficient in serving our clients and integrate with our key vendors to simplify how we manage our billing and customer management across our financial systems, our CRM (Customer Relationship Management) systems, and analytics and business intelligence platforms.
- Work collaboratively with the scrum master and product management to understand our customers’ needs and how we can ensure the client experience is amazing and award-winning for our industry.
- Debug, develop and maintain our application’s codebases, and implement best practices for code reliability and quality control.
- Deliver unit testing coverage that continuously reduces the code defect rate and enables efficient end-to-end testing.
- Actively participate in our peer code-review process to guard ThinkWhy’s coding standards.
- Maintain current understanding of Angular frameworks and how to provide a highly. performant client web application experience.
- Maintain up-to-date understanding of scalable Node.js development practices ensuring efficient memory and state management for enterprise-scale middleware applications.
- 5+ years relevant experience in development, continuous integration and deployment of Node.JS / Angular applications and associated APIs.
- Experience serverless architecture on AWS (Amazon Web Services) cloud infrastructure.
- Experienced in the factors for architecting and developing micro services-oriented solutions with elastic scalability and integrated cybersecurity frameworks that can be continuously updated in an automated fashion.
- Crave the challenge to solve complex problems that influence the growth of a thriving company
- Possess the ability to learn modern technologies and languages on the job as needed to solve problems as they arise
- Demonstrate curiosity, creativity, drive for excellence and attention to detail
- Possess confidence, patience, and flexibility in an evolving environment
- Have proven organizational management skills, and an organized writing style, and are independent and deadline-driven.
- Have hands-on working knowledge in the use of relational and non-relational data management systems and Bigdata structures
- Have a hands-on working knowledge of deploying AWS serverless architectures and utilizing AWS amplify for deployment of services.
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS: FIRST 90 DAYS
- Immerse yourself in the ThinkWhy platform and understand key business concepts and application architectures.
- Understand current platform architecture and working principles to sufficiently communicate with the team on key concepts and areas to focus on for improvement.
- Collaborate with the product management team to define a well-organized product road map that permits resources to be meticulously organized and aligned for sizing, development, and deployment.