Full-time ∙ Dallas, TX
The research analyst will be responsible for data analysis and translation along with a focus of creating supporting narrative around data in the labor market space through blogs, whitepapers and briefs. The role will focus on translating economic and labor conditions into relatable content for business audiences.
The ideal research analyst will have the know-how to help create clear and understandable stories through data. This role requires the ability to manipulate both external and internal sources of data and distill commonality and trends. Additionally, the ideal candidate will display strong business acumen as well as the ability to understand macro and microeconomic conditions alongside attention to detail and project management skills.
- Provide expertise in data cleansing, manipulation and insights
- Work alongside ThinkWhy’s Chief Economist or other analysts to distill relevant economic data into clear narratives and summaries
- Prepare supporting documents to communicate complex and technical information more easily to both internal and external audiences
- Support the writing and editorial team for the monthly labor market newsletters and contribute to all data-driven content
- Manage insights and narrative of all major labor market related data releases
- Work with department head and key stakeholders to develop and execute an ongoing calendar of enterprise stories and long-form projects that advance ThinkWhy’s entry and position in the industry
- Conceive, develop, research and write smart, in-depth stories with an emphasis on labor market analysis, occupation and wages, hiring decisions and the state of the American workforce
- Find, prioritize and manage concurrent projects and other tasks as needed
- Are a research analyst with 5+ years' relevant experience
- Hold a degree in a business discipline, mathematics, statistics, or economics. Experience in the labor market or government data management a plus.
- Have the ability to see the connection between the labor market and economic impact
- Are methodical in process and deliver insights with a high degree of accuracy
- Crave the challenge of building stories that influence the growth of a thriving company
- Possess the ability to clearly and precisely express complex ideas and data with interesting and compelling angles
- Possess confidence, patience and flexibility in an evolving environment
- Have proven organizational management skills and thrive on creating structure in work
- Have interest in writing narrative around data and how data will impact people
- Have knowledge of common data and statistical software packages (Excel, Tableau, etc.)
ThinkWhy is e-verify compliant. For more information, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/.