Full-time ∙ Dallas, TX
We are looking for a senior analyst to lead our research team in producing key insights and forecasts related to the labor market. In addition to team management, responsibilities include content ideation and creation, as well as collaboration with economists to enhance forecasting capabilities.
The ideal candidate is a data storyteller who can succinctly communicate key trends through a variety of mediums: presentations, video and written analysis. The ideal candidate must be a hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves professional who excels and flourishes in a quickly changing and high-performance startup environment.
• Set and achieve strategic quarterly and annual goals within the business unit to advance our analytical capabilities.
• Manage and mentor other members of the Business Intelligence team in economic fundamentals and other areas of experience.
• Produce insightful written analysis of economic and general market trends in the form of reports, blogs, newsletters, and presentations.
• Present analytical findings in webinars, videos, and in-person events.
• Review and edit content related to the labor market and associated fields.
• Assist economists in the development and documentation of forecast and ranking methodology for variables within the product.
• Analyze output and assure quality from statistical models and other forecasting tools.
• Lead a team of analysts that fulfill custom requests for analysis, reports, and presentation materials for clients and internal business units.
YOU WILL LOVE THIS JOB, IF:
• You are able to work with autonomy and have the ability to create ideas from scratch
• You are a highly motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic
• You have a level of curiosity that has you constantly looking for emerging trends
• You have a strong understanding of labor market fundamentals and their impacts on the economy
• You enjoy storytelling and teaching with data
• You have ability to transform complicated economic trends into relatable and actionable analysis for the target audience
• You enjoy analyzing and adding opinions to the forecasting process rather than only observing historical trends
• You have the ability to work well in high-pressure situations in order to meet deadlines
• You are comfortable multitasking and managing simultaneous priorities
• You are a critical thinker with attention to detail
• You possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
• 7+ years of total experience
• Experience in team management
• Familiarity with publicly available labor market and economic data
• High degree of skill in Microsoft Office programs (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
• Capabilities in data visualization tools (Tableau, PowerBI) is highly preferred
• Knowledge of SQL is plus
• Track record of writing and presenting research findings
• Masters in Economics, Business, or related field is preferred
ThinkWhy is e-verify compliant. For more information, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/.